Thursday, April 30, 2009

Streptococcal pharyngitis


blllahhhh.....
Tuesday morning I wake up and I feel like someone has removed my tonsils with a spork. (you know what a spork is right? The utensil that is a spoon and fork combined.)
I had no warning... no precursors. 
This wasn't your normal "oh my throat feels scratchy.. cough cough." No this was true pain that made my eyes water. 
I knew... I knew that it was strep throat. And the dread swept over me.... 
But then I started to consider the pros of the situation:
1. I was contagious so work was out of the picture. SCORE
2. I knew that medication would knock it out in a few short days.. so I wouldn't have to go through the cough/cold symptoms of a normal sore throat.
3. I would receive pity from friends and family... poor poor me. 
So even though my throat was on fire for about two days, it hasn't been that bad. 
I've been compliant in taking my Zpak and it has successfully knocked out the bacteria. 
Also another pro: I was able to sleep for 12 hours last night.. it was fabulous. 
bye bye, strep throat. 
Better strep throat than swine flu. 

2 comments:

  1. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    but i'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Write me something cool, people.