Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bought Air

I'm so cheap. 
For those of you around the B'ham area, I'm sure you've noticed in the increase in temperature the past week or so. You know, the average being around 82-84. 
It's hard to know what to do when the temp is hovering around in that area. Do you turn on the AC or just keep the windows/doors open all day?? 
For most, there's an obvious answer: just open the windows and let the breeze come in for awhile.. no problem... you never even have to touch the AC. 
Well, in my cozy little apartment here in Southside I don't have that option. I don't think the windows have been opened since 1964. There's probably 26 coats of paint over the window. No way on earth am I getting those bad boys open. 
So what am I supposed to do? My inner being aches to have the windows open... but NO. The only option that is left for me: turn on the AC. 
If I don't then I will be laying in bed, no covers, sweating. 
And the whole time I'll be thinking... I'm spending money on stupid cool air when there's plenty of nice chill air right outside my window. But oh wait!! I can't open my windows. 
Yes, I have been stewing about this for awhile today. 
I REFUSE to turn on the AC. I'm not gonna do it. 
..........................
*sigh ... i'm starting to sweat. 

2 comments:

  1. turn it on. TURN. IT. ON. it's worth it. don't become me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your sister are turning into their mother!! for years i heard-turn on the air we are hot or turn on the heat we are cold. now you see where i was coming from!!

    ReplyDelete

Write me something cool, people.