Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blue Angels = OMG

Yesterday, I went to Tuscaloosa with a group friends to see the Blue Angels. 
OMG OMG
I've watching a few air shows on the TV, but have never seen one in person. It was incredible. There wasn't much fun in getting up early on a Saturday, but it was totally worth it. 
The show started around 1030 with some paratroopers and ended at 4pm with the Blue Angels. My nose is definitely feeling the affects from the sun (Yes, Mom, I put on sunscreen. Twice. 30 SPF) So those of you who have to look at me with a peeling nose, I apologize. 
We had an awesome set up all day. A friend of a friends who works in T-town was able to reserve a parking lot of us that was right near the airport.... I could see the air strip from where I was sitting. So we brought a grill that had never ending food... we had chairs to lounge up in. It was wonderful. 
A perfect Saturday, if you will. (That sounded cheesy)




It was so bright outside I couldn't see anything. That's Clementine in the background.

Part of the pre-show



BLUE ANGELS. If you look closely, you 'll notice that two planes are flying upside down. 

Yes, they are flying inches apart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous... I've wanted to see the Blue Angels in person... of course, why didn't I do this in college when I was living in Pensacola? Who knows!! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in-FREAKING-credible!! i want to go next time!! i'm so stinking jealous. clem looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice pictures...

    ReplyDelete

Write me something cool, people.