Monday, April 13, 2009

Five Fingers



What? 
What is that? 
I don't understand....
How do they work?
What are they for? 
It's so weird!!!!

All of these are common responses when one first lays eyes on the Vibram Five Fingers shoes. Don't feel bad if you had that response. It happens to everyone. 
So what exactly are Five Fingers? That's a great question.
A few weeks ago, Ruth and I were in the car and she brought up the shoes... saying that Malinda had told her about them and they look really weird, but kinda cool.. blah blah blah.
So I decided to have a gander at them... see what all the commotion was about. And BAM, my world was changed when I saw the website. 
It's like being barefoot but with your foot protected. Ah! I love it. Life doesn't get any better than that. I have always LOVED being barefoot. During the winter months, I try to wear the least amount of footwear that I can get away with. 
It was a little weird when I first put them on my feet. It took me awhile to get each toe placed correctly. Once fitted properly... it's like your feet can breathe. The feel FREE. 
So now I wear them every chance I get. Come home from work: 5 Fingers on. And they stay on till it's time for bed. You can run, hike, climb, flip, jump, EVERYTHING in them. I wish I could take them to work, but that might be a little weird. 
Go check out the website.  www.vibramfivefingers.com 
Order a pair. 
Guys can wear them too. 
You'll be the coolest person on your block - I promise. 

Shout out to Ruth, Mom, and Amy. Our 5 Fingers are awesome.
 

1 comment:

  1. heck yes, they're awesome!!
    but, i have to correct you...i found out about the five fingers LAST year when i was in orange beach with lesley graham. she told me about them. and then i told malinda i was looking for them in january and she found them for me in b'ham. ha, do you think malinda would have been looking for shoes like that on her own? bless her.

    ReplyDelete

Write me something cool, people.