Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kayaking the Coosa

Yesterday I had the opportunity to kayak down the Coosa River in Wetumpka. 
FABULOUS. 
We put in around 10 or so and traveled down the river for about 3 hours and went through a series of rapids. Not quite like the Ocoee but enough to get your heart pounding. 
I definitely did not put on enough sun screen but that's just one of the hazards of the river, I guess. Nothing I can't live through. 
I've posted a few pictures... all the pictures are on my Facebook so if you're dying to see more... head on over to my facebook. 


Look closely and you'll see that this guy has his DOG with him, yes his dog. The dog was wearing a life vest that was strapped to the kayak. Absolutely crazy. Apparently the dog is an adrenaline junkie and likes to shoot the rapids. Pretty crazy, I tell you.

Russ and I hanging out at the Gap. 
Our kayak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me something cool, people.